Monday, July 25, 2016

Three quick notes as tonight gets going

First, I admit when I am wrong.  Last week, I wrote that I didn't think Trump would get much of a convention bounce in the polls.  The polls are in.  The rules of political science have won, and Justin Buchler has lost.  See what happens when I try to out-guess the normal rules?  Let that be a lesson, kids.  Just do the readings, and don't listen to anything I say.  Wait, that can't be right...  Uh...

Anyway, comment the second...

If the normal rules apply to Trump, then they probably apply to HRC, which means that she gets a convention bounce too, and Trump's lead gets erased next week.  Maybe.

Comment the third...

If Cruz got boo-ed for not endorsing Trump, will Bernie get boo-ed for endorsing HRC?  Things may be inching that way since his people are particularly unhappy about that email thing, even though DWS didn't actually have anything to do with Sanders' loss.  This year is just beyond crazy.

At this point, though, I need to add my 2016 disclaimer.  It's been a while...


No comments:

Post a Comment