Monday, January 2, 2017

Monday morning blues: If you don't love blues, you hate America

New music feature.  Maybe I'll keep it around (I screw around with the Sunday posts enough that I might as well just make this a separate thing).  Favorite blues album of 2016:  Tedeschi Trucks Band's "Let Me Get By."  (I'll categorize it as blues).  Here's a live version of the title track.



Also worth mentioning, Hat Fitz & Cara's "After the Rain."  They are Australian and Irish respectively, so I guess I'm messing with the concept, but great blues nonetheless.  Maybe I'll bring back that world music thing I tried to do for Tuesdays for a while.  Anyway...



I still haven't gotten the new Honey Island Swamp Band album, nor Geoff Achison's new album (another Aussie), but as always, there is too much great music out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment