Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tuesday music: If you only listen to American music, you just suck

OK, so it was a bit presumptuous of me to start the Tuesday music series.  Give me a theme, and I can find some classic jazz (Friday) or blues (Monday) track for a reference, but today, I should really have something for Afghanistan (or maybe Pakistan).  I don't know jack shit about music from Afghanistan.  So... Spain is still in the news.  Here's some flamenco.  Carlos Montoya, "Solea: Bulerias Por Solea."  Depending on the compilation, the track may be listed slightly differently, but it's the same piece, and it's Carlos, so it's great.  He was the flashiest guitarist in the flashiest style.  Andres Segovia hated flamenco, but of course he would.  Stodgy old bastard...

No comments:

Post a Comment